From caves to remembrance tourism via the Riveo in Hotton: Discover ideas for excursions you won’t regret here!
Discover the river and its biodiversity with Riveo, Centre d’Interprétation de la Rivière (River Interpretation Centre). A great way to immerse yourself in the mysterious universe of the river and discover its aquatic secrets! The Riveo Centre is an opportunity for you to discover the flora and fauna of rivers with a unique, fun approach.
Also called the “1,001 nights caves,” the Hotton caves are a visit not to be missed. With family or friends, come and discover this jewel of the Belgian Ardennes. Fully listed, this abyss in the depths of the earth offers an extraordinary, natural underground spectacle.
The village of Hotton was deeply affected by the 1914-18 war. Remembrance monuments, commemorative plaques, stone memorials, routes followed by prisoners, vestiges of the Great War, etc. Go out and discover history following the commemorative tours proposed.
There are many charming villages surrounding Hotton:
- Bourdon: a pretty village near the municipality of Marche-en-Famenne
- Deulin and its chateau, which hosts numerous exhibitions and concerts
- Fronville and its beautiful 19th century limestone or timbered houses
- Hampteau, with its old mill and picturesque houses
- Ny and its imposing castle/farm, one of the most beautiful villages in Wallonia
- Marenne and its beautiful 19th and 20th century brick or limestone-built farms
- Menil-Favay and its 4 19th-century cast iron pumps
- Monteuville: a meeting of water and stone along with its numerous ornithological species
- Monville and its old 19th century tower
- Melteux and its listed church, one of the most beautiful in the Famenne region
- Werpin with its limestone or sandstone houses and farms
An architectural heritage that will take your breath away!
- Château de Deulin: magnificent domain built in 1760 by the Harlez family
- Farm forming a quadrangle in Bourdon: imposing farm at the entrance to the village, going in the direction of Marche
- Hotton bandstand: bandstand for the royal brass band “les joyeux travailleurs” (happy workers)
- Le Moulin Faber: an original and educational tourist attraction
- Maison Godenir: building listed by the Commission of Monuments and Sites
- La Place du chat: bronze statue that lights up and operates the fountain that sprays it using solar energy.
- Commonwealth military cemetery with its 666 graves in which lie British and Commonwealth soldiers, victims of the Second World War.
Discover the region’s rich and astonishing natural heritage:
- Le trou Fré Djame
- Vallée de l'Isbelle
- Arboretum at the Château de Deulin
- Arboretum in the municipal park
- Hotton caves
- La Porte Aïve
- Île de l'Oneux
- Jardin de la Calestienne
- Water and Stone discovery tour
- Walks/bike rides
- Les rochers de Renissart
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the caves, the heritage or the Riveo in Hotton. We’re here and ready to answer all your questions about this village in the province of Luxembourg!